Welcome to MVLC
At MVLC Learning is Local
The Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) is an alliance of 36 public libraries serving the Greater Merrimack Valley region of Massachusetts. Use the MVLC on-line catalog to search the collections of our member libraries. Choose books, CD's, DVD's and more!
Connect with your local library
Your MVLC library card is your key to unlock free eBooks, databases and more! Connect with your local public library and discover the world! Click here for a list of MVLC member libraries and contact information.
The Commonwealth Catalog extends your search beyond your local library's resources. In one easy step, you can search through millions of items at participating libraries across Massachusetts to find the books, DVDs, and music you're looking for. Make a request and it will be delivered right to your local library for quick pickup. You know what you want - let the Commonwealth Catalog help you get it. Click here to find out how.
Download Free eBooks and Audiobooks!
Download and read free OverDrive eBooks and Audiobooks, and Safari eBooks using your MVLC library card 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
Spanish eBooks are here now !!
Choose from over 140 Spanish language fiction and non-fiction eBooks. Use these Getting Started Guides:
Chinese ebooks are here now !!
中文电子书来了 Choose from over 600 Chinese ebooks
Access Free Databases!
When it comes to efficiency, libraries wrote the book
The Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) is a network of independent public libraries serving thirty-six communities throughout the Merrimack Valley region of Massachusetts. Our libraries serve an aggregate population of 766,883 citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2014 MVLC library statistics by the numbers:
- 65% The percentage of the citizens of the Merrimack Valley who have a card issued by a MVLC library.
- 452 The number of fulltime staff at our libraries that are available to serve our community.
- 14,273 The number of library programs that MVLC libraries have offered to their customers this year (8,212 for children and 6,061 for adults).
- 91,691 The number of hours MVLC libraries are open to welcome members of our community.
- 575,402 The number of reference questions answered by MVLC librarians in 2014.
- 909,951 The number of unique titles held by MVLC libraries.
- 3,733,148 The number of customers who came into our libraries in 2014.
- 3,766,077 The number of items available to customers of MVLC libraries.
- 6,146,881 The numbers of items that circulated at MVLC libraries in 2014.
Looking for the latest DVD or video release? Want to read the new bestseller all your friends are raving about? Hoping to learn a foreign language? If your local library doesn't have it, you can get that item from any other library in the consortium, often in 48 hours or less! If necessary, member libraries can even request items for you from libraries all over the country.
Visit our libraries to use their up-to-date reference collections. Be sure to call your local library with any questions you may have. From foreign exchange rates to e-mail addresses of your local legislators, our reference librarians are eager to assist you. In addition, you can access a variety of online reference databases through the MVLC Web site.
Call on your local library and get a library card. Use it at any library in the consortium! Use it to request books and access your patron account online! Use it to access online reference databases! A world of opportunity awaits!
The MVLC Catalog is Mobile-Friendly!
Our catalog is mobile-friendly! You can access all of the content and services available through our catalog - check library holdings, place holds, and access your borrower account - in a format that’s easy to read and quick to load using the browser on your mobile device.
Databases accessible to MVLC Patrons
Contact us by EMAIL at NetMail@MVLC.org