The Merrimack Valley Library Consortium is a network of public libraries serving thirty-six communities throughout the Merrimack Valley region of Massachusetts. Nearly three million items are speedily available to you through MVLC.
Looking for the latest DVD or video release? Want to read the new bestseller all your friends are raving about? Hoping to learn a foreign language? If your local library doesn't have it, you can get that item from any other library in the consortium, often in 48 hours or less! If necessary, member libraries can even request items for you from libraries all over the country.
Visit our libraries to use their up-to-date reference collections. Be sure to call your local library with any questions you may have. From foreign exchange rates to e-mail addresses of your local legislators, our reference librarians are eager to assist you. In addition, you can access a variety of online reference databases through the MVLC Web site.
Call on your local library and get a library card. Use it at any library in the consortium! Use it to request books and access your patron account online! Use it to access online reference databases! A world of opportunity awaits!
Each member library is an independent entity and regulations, fines and charges will vary from library to library. However, MVLC members do have some policies in common:
- Residents of MVLC communities must have a library card from their home-town library
- Your MVLC card may be used at any public library in the consortium
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- Most materials may be returned to any MVLC library
- Replacement costs will be charged for lost or damaged materials
- Fines and replacement costs may be paid at any MVLC library
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if materials are not returned or if overdue fines are not paid.
Also, for your own protection, please remember:
- If you change your name or your address, please report it to your local library immediately
- If your card is lost or stolen, please report it to your local library immediately
MVLC Library customers should contact their local library directly. Click here for a directory of MVLC libraries with telephone numbers
Consortium Staff Offices (Services for member library staff members only, no direct service to the public is available at this location)
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium
4 High St., Suite 175
North Andover, MA 01845
Directions & Parking Map
Business hours: Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
Consortium Staff Telephone Numbers (Services for library staff members only, no direct service to the public is available at this location):
At MVLC, library staff members can always reach a person:
During business hours feel free call the main number 1-978-557-1050 and select the number 2
On nights, weekends, or holiday call the main number 1-978-557-1050 and select the number 8 and you will reach the person on call, who will be happy to help you.